jueves, 22 de mayo de 2014

WRITING FOR B1 APPLYING FOR A JOB

Un ejemplo de "Writing  for B1" para la Escuela Oficial de Idiomas o para PET sería el siguiente:

You saw this advertisement in a local newspaper and have decided to apply for the job.

St. George´s Primary School is looking for a young, energetic and experienced schoolteacher to join us in September. Must be a good organiser and keen on sports.

Please apply in writing to Mrs Hunter, giving details of qualifications, skills and previous experience and saying why you think you are suitable for the job. Closing date 12th May.



"Applying for the job" significa que debemos escribir una "Letter of Application" o carta de presentación.

Aquí tenéis un ejemplo de respuesta. Recordad que se trata de lenguaje formal! 

Dear Mrs Hunter,

With reference to your advertisement in Thursday´s edition of the Daily Star, I am interested in applying for the posotion of primary school teacher.

I m 28 years old and currently teaching in Margate. I have a BSc degree awarded by Glasgow University in 2007. I completed my certificate in Education at Preston Teacher Training College in 2008.

I have been working for Margate Education Department since 2009. During this time, I have enjoyed teaching a variety of subjects, including English and General Science.

I consider myself to be punctual, hard-working and fair. I enjoy working with children and have good organisational skills.

I enclose a reference from my present employer. I would be grateful if you would consider my application.I am available for interview any weekday morning. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Andrea Walker

Andrea Walker

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario